So I know that I have been a little distant, and I know the best way to make it up to you!
I don’t know if I am still feeling it from Cinco de Mayo, or what but I have not stopped eating tacos, and guacamole since. Which is probably why I have guac on my mind right now, but who doesn’t right? I mean, do you remember my baby onesie I made?? So since I have been so distant, I know how I can make it up to you, by sharing my (famous) Guacamole recipe!
- 3 Ripe Avocado (number depends on how much you want to make. For parties I use 3-4, but for just a small snack for a few people, I use 2)
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ Onion (if you like a little more spice, use a red onion!)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 plump tomato
- 1 dollop of sour cream
- ½ lime
- Hot sauce
- Prep everything before, this will help with saving time and keeping everything fresh! Cut up the tomato and make sure to remove all of the wet stuff (seeds). Use a spoon to core the avocados. I have been injured many times cutting an avocado and trying to remove it… talk about a #rookiemistake
- Mash it! Using a fork or even a potato masher works. If you like to have your Guac a little chunkier, mash lightly. You call the shots!
- Put all the veggies in. don’t add the wet ingredients yet! Get stirring!
- Now add the wet, and lightly stir. Now, get that in a dish!
#rookietip: don’t put the pit of the avocado in the dip, its an eye sore and all those stories about that keeping guacamole green are not true. Lime juice is what will keep it green and fluffy!
When ever I am going/having any type of party, I always have this as a staple dish. Its quick easy, vegetarian friendly and everyone loves a good batch of fresh Guacamole. With Memorial Day Weekend right around the corner, this is a great essential!