I know everyone loves the holidays because it’s so cheerful, there’s presents, you see family, and all of that stuff. Is it bad that I like the holidays because I like to drink and find new cocktails to drink? I didn’t think so. This year I challenged myself, how creative can I get with a) Apple Cider b) Cranberry juice and c) alcohol. Well, here is what I came up with.
My favorite summer drink made for the holidays!
- Vodka 2- 2 1/2oz
- Ginger beer ½ c
- Apple Cider ¼ c
- Lime juice, to taste (I did a little less than half)
Pilgrim Punch (Thank you Lauren Conrad!)
This one is actually a Rookie Party favorite. The past two Thanksgivings, it has been our go to drink. Check out Lauren Conrad’s recipe here!
#rookietip: mash up the cranberries. It gives it that perfect fall addition.
This is my take on an afternoon Mimosa, like after brunch and right around lunch. There is never a bad time for Champagne.
- Pour the Champagne in a glass with ice filled to the half way mark. Pour the Champagne so it almost covers the ice.
- In a separate glass, mix the cranberry juice with cider. I used less cider.
- Pour mixture in with Champagne.
- You can always add more cider to taste.
This one is a little sweeter than I like my drinks, but a lot of people love that! When you are making this drink, make sure the vodka and cider are very cold. This will help!
- 3 oz vodka
- 2 oz cider.
- Have vodka on ice before adding the cider. Mix together and pour.
- Garnish with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick
#rookietip: to add a festive twist, add a sugar& pumpkin spice rim. I used honey which was a little too sweet. Take a slice of apple and drag it along the rim. Then dip the glass in the sugar& pumpkin spice mixture.
What one is your favorite?